4.02 & 4.09: I would die for you, my love.
The parallel is simple: Blair and Chuck by the railing of a raised platform. But you could add several more things:
- Red. It’s Blair’s best color. It’s Chuck’s best color. And it’s Chair’s best color.
- Blair leaving her date with Louis to stop Chuck vs. Blair leaving her dinner with the Girls, Inc. board to confront Chuck.
- “But if you were really hurt, I would want to know.”
“If they were true, I would want to know.”
- “I don’t love you anymore.”
“I meant it, Blair. With all my heart.”
- Getting shot with no one finding out vs. going up in flames together in front of everyone.
- “It takes more than even you to destroy Blair Waldorf.”
“I have to be Blair Waldorf before I can be Chuck Bass’s girlfriend.”
“Just gonna stand there and hear me cry
But that’s alright because I love the way you lie”
I still can’t believe they used that song.
Blair: Changing your name doesn’t change who you are.
Chuck: It’s a good start. A chance to live simply, earn people’s respect, maybe become a person someone could love.
Blair: Someone did love you. And… you owe it to her, and everyone else you’re leaving behind not to run away. Which is what you’re doing. And I don’t think that great man you’re talking about wanting to be is a coward.
I think he would face up to what he did.
Chuck: I destroyed the only thing I ever loved.
Chuck: Your life would be easier if I didn’t come back.
Blair: That’s true but it wouldn’t be my world without you in it.
ed & leigh on set - aug 31st
OH LOVE ♥